Sunday, March 11, 2012

Exploring Cricut Challenge: Food Frenzy

Happy Monday! Today's Exploring Cricut Challenge is Food Frenzy. You are to create a card, layout, or papercraft using at least 1 food cricut cut.

I was excited for this challenge because I live in an agricultural town. I have orchards and fields of cherries, strawberries, corn, tomatoes less than a mile from my house. You name it, my town grows it! Strawberry season is coming up quickly (yay!) and I thought I would make a cute strawberry basket.


I had to dig back deep into my childhood and remember how to make a woven paper basket! I used  3/4" strips to weave this basket. I used Ribbons and Rosettes to cut a 2"x11" doily border found on page 25. I glued that around the top of the basket and layered it with a pink ribbon, green gingham ribbon and a pink twine. I tied a scalloped circle "So Sweet" tag with the twine. I had this scalloped circle in my stash from a cut I did over a year ago. Keep the extra cuts... you never know when you will use them!



I was sure there was a 3-D strawberry cut on one of my carts. There isn't... sigh. So I found this tutorial from She's a Sassy Lady. I absolutely love thinking outside the box and using plain cuts to make something different!

I used the Flower Shoppe cart to cut my flowers at 4" and 4.6". I cut the top leaf at 1.5" I assembled them just like the tutorial, tying the top with green twine. I threaded green gingham through the top hole of the leaf then glued the leaf to the strawberry.





I will be adding this to my spring decorations.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet strawberry basket creation. Especially like the woven part and the papers used.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the details.

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love those sweetly delicate berries! Super project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your creations are always so amazing!! I love your basket of strawberries!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. It came out sooooo cute. Kel

    ReplyDelete